Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chapin Forest

I took Jonah to Chapin Forest the other day.


We had a great time throwing rocks into Quarry Pond, eating our picnic lunch, and talking/walking with a pleasant older couple. When we parted ways with the couple (whose names I immediately forgot), Jonah and I headed to the Lucky Stone Loop trail.

The view was amazing.


We could even see Lake Erie and the Cleveland skyline, which is 18 miles away.


We saw many beautiful trees.


It was an enjoyable 1.5 mile walk.
Well, for us, we made it about a 2 mile walk because Jonah wanted to go down a different path at one point.

Jonah did great. He walked for quite some time without stopping. Then I carried him piggyback for a short time. He walked again. I piggybacked him again. All in all, I would say he walked a mile and a half by himself.

Little boys do get tired, though.


So we took a rest and listened to the birds.

Jonah was a bit disappointed that Chapin doesn't have a real working quarry, but he soon got over it and enjoyed our day.


After our hike, we played on the playground at Chapin. Then our neighbors called and asked us to meet at Garfield Park, so Jonah got to play there for 2 hours. THEN, he played outside at home for another 2 hours or so, and the ice cream truck came. I had one happy, worn out boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment